Why should kids get to go to CAMP and not us?
Come ON, our lives are really stressful! We coordinate practically everything – schedules, meals, activities, events and holidays, health care…. We keep everyone focused, on-time and in the right place at the right time…. Oh, and we work – outside the home, inside the home, in our community, and in support of our world. Okay, well at least, we try to.
You know, times they are a changin’ and pressures seem to be increasing from all directions. Perhaps you agree that it’s time to unplug, indulge your creativity, and have unbridled fun together. Really. It’s time.
Why do we need Winter CAMP ~ for Women?
Because FUN feels good and because science clearly demonstrates that a relaxed and playful mind is a creative mind and that engaging in playful activities makes us more productive and motivated. We need creativity and truly fresh innovation to address the challenges of our sometimes-crazy world and lives. Plus, (as if you needed a logical reason,) according to Harvard Business Review, innovation is the #1 quality that employers seek most. Precisely because old ways of doing things are clearly not going to keep working in our new world. Will you reward yourself, even bring a friend(!) and join us for Winter CAMP ~ for Women?
February 24, 2023 4pm through February 26, 2023
The stunning Light on the Hill Retreat Center, Van Etten, NY (an easy drive from Rochester, Syracuse, and Ithaca airports). Lovely, simple accommodations in a beautiful setting, lightonthehill.org
Your Camp Counselors:
Deb Denome is Forest Therapy Guide, Horticultural Therapist, Herbalist and Educator with over 25 years of experience guiding people into deeper relationship with the Earth, one another and our own true nature. Her greatest joy is in as helping individuals to create more joyful, conscious and regenerative lives, rippling out to their communities and our precious planet.
Melissa Kelly-McCabe is a strategist, MCC and GPCC™ credentialed executive coach with over 25 years of experience. She assists leaders to develop clarity of strategy, create positive and lasting change and realize their vision. She coaches women looking to design their next era and live their most fulfilled life.
The total all-inclusive price includes all Winter CAMP ~ for Women* sessions, two nights of lodging at Light on the Hill, and all of your meals, snacks, supplies!
- Before 1/15/23: $715 (= $425 for CAMP plus $290 for all-inclusive accommodation)
- After 1/15/23: $740 (= $450 for CAMP plus $290 for all-inclusive accommodation)
Our goal is to make Winter CAMP available to as many people as possible! Everyone deserves an opportunity for this kind of sisterhood and renewal.
Are you in a position to donate a full additional scholarship for someone in financial need? Or even round up to add to our scholarship fund?
- Tell us you’re coming: Email Deb ([email protected]) or Melissa ([email protected])
- Send payment: Send your check to Clear Intent Strategy, Inc., 5655 Stid Hill Rd. Naples, NY 14512, or Venmo @Melissa-Kelly-McCabe. Put Winter CAMP in the memo field. Include your name and text number/email so we can be in touch. If you need to be invoiced, email Melissa.
- We will confirm. You will receive email confirmation upon receipt of payment, and a Welcome Packet as we get closer to Winter CAMP ~ for Women*.
- If you must cancel: Thank you for understanding that if you must cancel, we will refund your Winter CAMP fee minus a $25 administrative fee. Your all-inclusive lodging/accommodation is, regrettably, non-refundable.
A Bit More about CAMP:
So, what will we do at Winter CAMP ~ for Women*? We’re going to Shake It Up to shake off what’s old
and try on what’s new. Come to relax, unwind, and accept our invitation to join in some or all of the
following CAMP activities:
Day 1: Friday, February 24th , late afternoon
- Conjure herbal alchemy to create complex, tantalizing, non-alcoholic mocktails
- Savor a delectable, plant-based feast that leaves us feeling light and energized
- Sink into some enlightening games including Divination Pie and Step-out to Step-in Improv. (Yep, you don’t want to miss this!)
- And, yes, we will gather around the proverbial campfire and share our individual intentions for the weekend (We might even sing some CAMP songs, who knows.)
Day 2: Saturday, February 25th , all day
- Kids sleep in – so we will too! Plan to enjoy an extra hour of rest overnight and roll into yoga dance before breakfast to get our bodies movin’ and groovin’.
- With our bellies full and warm we’ll bundle up and head outside to play in the snow (please, let there be snow!) and nature. We will look for tracks, nests/burrows, scavenge for winter-only items and PLAY. Yes, play. (We’ll have lessons in case you have forgotten how.)
- And we’ll process… by listening deeply, tasting and smelling, intuiting and imagining – as we bathe in the magnificence of the Earth and all she provides for every aspect of our lives.
- We’ll gather around the firepit and enjoy adult cocoa, in an ancient cacao ceremony shared with us by Ecuadorian Herbalist and Ethnobotanist, Rocio Alarcon.
- We’ll roll in for lunch and afternoon nap (hee hee) – just like kids – complete with dreams seeded for a Goddess Ceremony in the evening.
- In the afternoon we’ll open our Treasure Chest and settle in for an afternoon of creating costumes, masks and crowns, weaving in symbols of your intentions for your most creative, fulfilled, radiant self in the year ahead.
- After a delectable plant-forward dinner, we will host an Evening Goddess Ceremony (yup) with naming, blessing, drumming, chanting, dancing.
Day 3 Sunday, February 26th , completing CAMP at 1:00p
- After breakfast we will reflect on our time together
- Wake up with a morning handcraft to represent what you want to take with you and remind you of your greatest dream life
- Share deeply in our Closing Circle
- Finishing with a tasty lunch before we depart for home
*Our usage of the word woman refers to every human who holds this particular gender identity, regardless of the sex they were assigned at birth.
“Creativity is intelligence having FUN.”Albert Einstein
“Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.“Mary Lou Cook
“The soul should always stand ajar. Ready to welcome the ecstatic experience.”Emily Dickinson
“A relaxed mind is a creative mind.”Yogi Bhajan
“The urge to transform one’s appearance, to dance outdoors, and embrace perfect strangers is not easy to suppress.”Barbara Ehrenreich
We do hope you’ll join us!